The Brussels Flower Carpet on the Grand Place
This creation is a genuine challenge: 1800m², a million flowers and dozens of artisans working tirelessly on Brussels' Grand Place, in August 2014.
This magnificent multicoloured carpet can be admired from the balcony of the City Hall, which will be open to the public.
The flowers offer a rich palette of gleaming, bright colours and resist the sun's rays and heat surprisingly well once they are cut, as they are placed directly on the square's cobblestones, without a layer of soil.
A monumental artwork
This enormous piece of art is an ephemeral and original creation and requires months of careful designing and preparation.
Despite this, putting together this masterpiece only takes one day! Hundreds of florists follow a meticulous plan to the letter, as each of the begonias and dahlias that make up this gigantic artwork have their own precise place.
The event takes place every two years (on even years).
Don't miss this extraordinary spectacle!
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 513 89 40
- website : http://www.flowercarpet.be
- The Grand-Place in Brussels (BRUXELLES)
Visit our partners' webpages
- Creative Workshop at the Museum of Cocoa and Chocolate
- Baby Animals Exhibition
- Temporary Exhibition - The Toyota Celica Story
- Frankenstein or the Modern Prometheus - Open-air Play at Ruins of Villers
- Brussels Antiques Fair - BRAFA