Get a Taste for Museums in Wallonia
- Opening periods
- All year round
- All year round
Around Wallonia: contact the organiser for further details.
Gourmet initiative in 30 Walloon museums proposing activities around the theme of gastronomy throughout 2013.
- Guided tours
- Cookery workshops
- and sometimes even a meal if you're up for it!
New in 2013:
The musical and culinary show Chocolate Blues by Marie-Christine Maillard, the event's patron. To be savoured during the Wallonian museums' open days.
To step in and have a bite to eat in one of the museums is to sample and rediscover the origins of our local food heritage.
The event is a part of Wallonia, taste the difference 2013".
For two consecutive years Wallonia will in fact be hosting a number of culinary-related activities, aimed at promoting the region's rich culinary heritage.
The 30 participating museums are members of the 'Museums and Society in Wallonia' (MSW) non-profit organisation.
Download the Saveurs Muséales brochure from MSW.
Discover Marie-Christine Maillard's show:
- ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM (ARLON)
- Archeosite® and Museum in Aubechies (AUBECHIES)
- Arthur Masson Centre in Trignolles (TREIGNES)
- Blegny-Mine (BLEGNY)
- CELTIC MUSEUM (LIBRAMONT)
- Ceramics Museum (ANDENNE)
- Euro Space Center: "A Space Odyssey" Show (TRANSINNE)
- Félicien Rops Museum (NAMUR)
- FOLKLORE MUSEUM LEON MAES (MOUSCRON)
- Freÿr sur Meuse Castle and its Gardens (HASTIERE)
- GALLO-ROMAN ARCHEOLOGICAL PARK OF MALAGNE - THE GALLO-ROMAN (ROCHEFORT)
- GALLO-ROMAN MUSEUM (ATH)
- GASPAR MUSEUM (ARLON)
- International Carnival and Mask Museum (BINCHE)
- Le Bois du Cazier: Mining, Glass and Industry museums (MARCINELLE)
- LIBRARY AND MUSEUM OF GASTRONOMY (HERMALLE-SOUS-HUY)
- LOCAL MUSEUM OF ARCHAEOLOGY AND HISTORY OF VISÉ (VISE)
- Musee du Fournau Saint Michel (Furnace Museum) and Museum of Country Life in Wallonia (SAINT-HUBERT)
- MUSEUM OF THE STRAWBERRY AND THE LAND OF WEPION (WEPION)
- Museum of Walloon Life (LIEGE)
- RECEPTION CENTRE PAYS DE GEMINIACUM - MUSEUM OF LIBERCHIE - DJANGO REINHARDT CENTRE (LIBERCHIES)
- RIBBONRY CENTRE OF COMINES (COMINES-WARNETON)
- Royal Museum of Mariemont (MORLANWELZ-MARIEMONT)
- Stavelot Abbey, tourism and culture (STAVELOT)
- The 'Malgré Tout' Museum & Prehistoric Park in Treignes (TREIGNES)
- The Meuse Medieval Heritage Centre (BOUVIGNES-SUR-MEUSE)
- Wellington Museum (WATERLOO)