Château de Formanoir de la Cazerie
Rue Royale 1
7520 TEMPLEUVE (TOURNAI)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Lannoy family had the existing château built between 1485 and 1571. However, the tiles on the building are inscribed with the date 1606.
The Le Cambe family, heirs of the Lannoys, were the owners of the estate in the early 17th century. This is confirmed by the date 1606 inscribed on their coat of arms above a fireplace. At this time, the château was surrounded by moats and accessible only by a bridge.
In 1728, Louis-François Demaisières inherited the estate. He had work carried out to bring the appearance of the château in line with the fashion of the time and gave it a Tournai-style appearance.
The Formanoir de la Cazerie family arrived in 1808 and it was one of their descendants, Baron Verhaegen, who sold the property in 1948 to the local authorities who began restoration work in 1954 and set up their offices there.
Only the exterior is open to visitors.
Tourist information on the town TOURNAI
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Beloeil Castle and its Park - The Belgian Versailles
- Archeosite® and Museum in Aubechies
- The Historic Canal du Centre and its Hydraulic Lifts
- Pairi Daiza - the best zoo in Belgium 2014
- Le Pass - The Science Adventure Park