MUSEUM OF THE CORPS OF THE FRENCH CAVALRY 1940
Chaussée de Wavre 61
1350 JANDRAIN-JANDRENOUILLE (ORP-JAUCHE)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Dedicated to the combats of the "Corps de Cavalerie français 1940", the museum presents rare documents, cards, photos, pieces of equipment, arms, munitions, ... of all French regiments that took part in the combats of May 1940.
Under the orders of General Blanchard, the Corps de Cavalerie of General Prioux (2nd and 3rd Mechanics Division) had the mission to take care of the setup of the 1st Army. More concrete, he had to prevent the German troops from contacting the defence position of the 1st Army before 14 May in the morning.
Open on request at the curator.
Cell phone: +32 (0)476/27 62 10.
Children -15 years: free of charge.
- tel. : +32 (0) 19 63 45 10
- email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tourist information on the town ORP-JAUCHE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Royal Museum of the Army and Military History in Brussels
- Tour & Taxis
- The Atomium - a Monument and Symbol of Brussels Built for Expo 58
- Museum of Natural Science
- BELvue MUSEUM