MEMORIAL INTERALLIE (ALLIES' MEMORIAL)
Rue Saint-Maur 93
- MAPS: Google Maps
Being the first city to have effectively opposed to the invaders in 1914, Liège was chosen in 1925 by the "Fédération Internationale des Anciens Combattants" to erect an inter-Allied monument.
Its design was entrusted to the Antwerp architect, Joseph SMOLDEREN. The civil memorial contains several monuments offered to Liège by the allied Nations; 8 countries are currently represented: Italy, France, Rumania, Spain, Greece, Great-Britain, Poland and Russia. This monuments are located outdoors (on the esplanade) or inside the tower (in its crypt and in its low and high rooms).
Open: only the weekend of Whitsun, 21 July and during Heritage Days, 2pm to 6pm, or on request for groups.
Information: Olivier Hamal, Avenue Constantin de Guerlache 68, 4000 Liege - tel: 04/252 23 76 - Tourist Office, En Feronstrée 92, 4000 Liège - tel: 04/221 92 21 - fax: 04/221 92 22.
INDICE PASSE-PARTOUT: 000203
- tel. : +32 (0) 4 252 23 76
- email : email@example.com
Tourist information on the town LIEGE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Crystal Discovery at the Val Saint Lambert Castle
- Spa-Francorchamps Racetrack Museum
- Domaine de Palogne - Kayak, Nature and History
- Mulum Museum - The Liege Light Museum
- Franchimont Castle