COLLEGIATE CHURCH OF ST-MONON
- MAPS: Google Maps
The collegiate church of Saint-Monon, the old cemetery and the alley of the linden trees planted in 1804 are listed sites by the Commission of Monument and sites. The actual building dates from 1661 (chronogram above the door) and its tower from 1782.
A didactic panel above the entrance of the collegiate church tells the history of Saint-Monon who came from Scotland in 636 to evangelize the inhabitants of the "Nassonia" parish. The collegiate church holds the relics of Saint Monon. These are transported from the church to the Saint Monon chapel, during the procession of Reamuages which takes place the Sunday after Ascension.
The Saint Monon dates from 1834.
Educational board FR/NL.
Tourist information on the town NASSOGNE
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Barvaux Labyrinth, a Magical Adventure
- Orval Abbey
- Archeoscope of Godfrey of Bouillon
- Bastogne War Museum
- Bouillon Castle and its Birds of Prey Show