Laundry museum in Spa
Rue de la Géronstère 10
4900 SPA (WAUX-HALL)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Waux-Hall (1770) with its modern wing, is a listed building and now holds the linen museum.
Discover how the techniques of linen whitening evolved from their beginnings till now and wonder at the first washing machines. What were the working conditions of laundresses and housewifes in those days? What did they use in the way of soap? What were wash houses and what did old irons look like?
You can discover all about these forgotten daily activities at this fascinating museum.
Practical informationOpening times
- every Sunday from 2pm to 6pm
- Easter holidays: every day from 2pm to 6pm
- July adn August, every day from 2pm to 6pm
Groups and schools: visits year-round by reservation
Phone: +32 087 77 14 18 or +32 087 77 34 64
Fax: +32 087 77 14 18
INDICE PASSE-PARTOUT: 010030
Tourist information on the town SPA
Visit our partners' webpages
- Guillaume Apollinaire Museum
- Closure of the Ramioul Prehistosite - Prehitomuseum opens in 2015
- Museum of the Stavelot-Malmedy Principality
- Museum of Walloon Fine Arts in Liège