- Before you Go
- Transport and Roads
- Travel organisers
- Provincial Tourist Federations
- Tourist Houses in Wallonia
- Tourist Offices and Tourist Information Centres
- And what about the Ardennes? ...
- Belgium at a glance
Belgium at a glance
Here is all the essential geographical, demographic, climatic and linguistic information for Wallonia and Brussels.
- Belgium: 30.528 km²
- Wallonia: 16.844 km²
- Brussels-Capital region: 162 km²
Number of inhabitants in Belgium: 11 million
In Wallonia: 3.5 million
In Brussels: 1 million
Density of the population: 364 inhabitants/km²
Belgium has 3 official languages:
- French: in Wallonia and in Brussels.
- Dutch: spoken in Flanders and by 15% of Brussels's inhabitants.
- German: in the Eastern Cantons.
Wallonia has 5 provinces and each has a capital:
- The province of Namur – the city of Namur
- The province of Liège – the city of Liège
- The province of Hainaut – the city of Mons
- The province of Luxembourg – the town of Arlon
- The province of Walloon Brabant – the town of Wavre
The climate in Belgium is maritime temperate. It is mild and humid.
- The average temperature in the summer is 20°C
- The average temperature in winter is 5°C